Silly-Yak

Usually when I Google search the word "celiac", I get a smattering of the latest GF (gluten free) products or quite a few non-profit websites trying to get the word out with diagrams, statistics and symptoms check lists. DID YOU KNOW THAT EVERY 1 in 133 AMERICANS ARE CELIACS? But recently I came across one site that made my day, perhaps even my week. In all of the 9 or so years that I've called myself a celiac... never had a realized the word's hidden hilarious potential. Silly-yak... BRILLIANT! My guess is this punny phrase came into existence when someone was trying to give "celiac" dumbed-down phonetics. The web site was created by a NY actor and celiac who sells t-shirts and other witty phrase laden products to raise money for celiac research. I myself am eyeing the bumper stickers. Check it out!

0 comments: